1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart to Component adaptor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ian_, May 11, 2005.

1. Ian_

Ian_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last week I purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES10 dvd recorder. In the manual it says that pal progressive scan is only available on component video and my Philips 17PF9946 Lcd tv has scart only inputs, so after some searching on Google, I found an adaptor that does the job. It took some adjusting the dvd to tv video in, but the result is that i now have pal progressive on component going through scart.

The Profigold PGV372 is a high quality component video to scart interconnect with 3 RCA / phono connectors on one end and a scart plug on the other. £17.49 Inc vat

2. muzzi

muzzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Is the picture quality noticeably better?

My brother is looking at getting me a component board for my PW7. But if the connector is any good I may just get one of these instead!

Please let me know.

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    As far as Im aware the above TV wont take a progressive component input through it SCART inputs, only a RGBS interlaced signal. The TVs own internal processing converts all incoming signals to progressive before its displayed :)

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yep, just checked the spec, this TV will only take a interlaced RGB/S video/composite video input. Don't know what you have done but it won't be a progressive image generated by the DVD player that your watching :confused:

5. muzzi

muzzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    just checked the spec of the scart terminal board for the PW7 and the doesn't support component either. Nevermind.

6. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Also the cable you bought is just that; a cable. It dos'nt transcode between component video and RGBS, so what you are in effect doing is sending a component signal into a RGBS input. I would check your settings, unless your Panasonic DVD player is able to output a RGsB via its component video outputs? Even then the Philips TV won't accept a progressive RGsB signal :confused:

7. Ian_

Ian_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive discarded the cable as it developed a fault on the tv, black screen with broad diagonal lines. I'm now using an s-video to s-video lead, both the ES10 and 17PF9946 are happy with that arrangement and its much sharper and clearer than the scart, ok so I lose the audio, but thats no hardship, it goes through my Pioneer 6.1 amp

8. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Just use a SCART to SCART for RGBS :thumbsup: