1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart to 15 pin RGB cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by pringtef, Jan 21, 2004.

1. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I've recently come into possesion of a Panasonic projector that is a couple of years old.

The projector has two inputs marked "RGB", which are 15 pin female, like a video card on a pc.

Last night, I connected this to my video card via a standard monitor cable, and it worked perfectly.

However, I am wondering whether I am going to be able to use this projector with my stand alone DVD player (Arcam DV27A).
    via its RGB scart.

Can anyone advise if this is likely, and where i could get a cable for this?

Cheers,

Timbo

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Timbo

A model number would help - though its unlikely that the HD15 RGB(HV) input will work with a SCART RGB(+ Composite) video signal; even if you can convert the RGB+C to RGBHV.

The HD15 input is most likely to require 30 kHz plus (data) and not work with 15.6 kHz (video) as output by your DVD player.

You may be lucky and have the option to switch the HD15 input from RGB (HV) to YUV in the menu and then you simply require a 3RCA to HD15 cable from the Interlaced or Progressive Component video outputs on the DV27.

Best regards

Joe

3. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Cheers for that Joe.

The projector is a panasonic PT-L592E. I've not been able to find out much about this projector on the web, even just the manual for it.

I've subsequently discovered it also has an SVideo input, but I've tested this with my laptop which also has an svideo socket, and the picture was poor to say the least.

I've also noticed it has a left and right audio in (phono), and a single phono video in.

Do you have any ideas what my options are ?

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Timbo

The PT-L592 is never going to win any awards as a Home Theatre projector - its very much a Presentation model with Video playback.

I'd try the S-Video out of the DV27 as a more realistic test of how the projector looks with a video source as you Laptop is not going to be blessed with the best video playback!

Drop me an e-mail and I'll see if I can get a manual in PDF format for you.

Best regards

Joe