RGB Scart socket on Sony TV

D

dpiper

Hi,

I would like to connect both my Sky Digibox and my DVD player to the RGB scart socket of my new Sony KV32FX65 TV. Can anyone suggest the best place to buy a switching device, approx cost? and do they work well?

P.S I've not yet seen the horizontal bar problem om my set, but all these postings have got me running scared and I'm looking really closely. I really hope I don't spot it, because if I do I won't be able to ignore it and my wife is going to kill me (it took me 13 months to convince her to switch to widescreen!)

Dave

Are you sure your DVD player hasn't got pass through? (ie two Scart sockets)

If it hasn't then I can sympathise with you as I've got the 36" Sony and had a similar problem as you. I've just bought one from Lektropacs, £15 inc P&P.

It is a manual switch with a two position push button (not the same as the picture on their website).

It's cheap and cheerful but does the job. There does not appear to be support for W/S switching though although it did switch once out of the dozen or so times I've used it (I only got it last night!)

My only complaint is having to get up out of the sofa and cross the room to push the switch!

BTW - I get vertical bars on mine!

DaveP

The last time I looked, Argos do manual scart switch boxes (3 connection type) for about a tenner. I've used one myself for about 5 years and it does the job fine.

:)

Does using a doubler reduce picture quality in any way as like most my tv has only 1 RGB socket

Yes it does, but you shouldn't have any need for a doubler unless you want to split the scart signal and send it to another TV.

It's a SCART SWITCH BOX we are talking about here, NOT a 'doubler'.

pwoody

What exactly do you want a scart 'doubler' for?

I've got the B-Tech 22 with the DVD and Digibox connected.Not noticed any picture problems and it supports RGB and widescreen switching.

It's cheap and cheerful but does the job. There does not appear to be support for W/S switching though although it did switch once out of the dozen or so times I've used it (I only got it last night!)

I have now traced this problem to the fact that I was using the box to switch between Sky+ and Tivo, They were both set with Scart Control set to On. I turned it off on the Tivo and had better success but I find it works best if the Tivo is in Standby when I'm watching through Sky+.

DaveP

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom