1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

RGB Scart Problem - Pioneer 5100

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark.balcombe, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Mark.balcombe

Mark.balcombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Pioneer 5100 DVD Recorder connected by Scart to the RGB input on my Sony FD1 32" TV on AV1 which has RGB in.

Channel 9 is set to AV1 - RGB
    Channel 8 is set to AV1 - Composite

The Pioneer is set to output to RGB.

I can play DVD's and watch things I have recorded in RGB on channel 9 but when the recorder is not playing and is just showing the Internal tuner picture (e.g. BBC1) I get no picture on the TV on channel 9 but I can get the picture by changing my TV input to 8 rather than 9 but this seems a complete pain.

This seems more a TV issue than a DVD recorder issue but was interested to see if anyone had come across this. Do you have seperate channels on your TV for RGB and Composite on the same Scart input.

Basically what I am finding is that my RGB Scart input on my TV does not show normal Composite video unless I tell my TV to do it (changing channel 9 to 8).

By the way - Pioneer 5100 is a great recorder and am more than pleased with it. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Mark Balcombe

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Sounds like the way the machine works. Playing something will trigger the TV via a wire in the SCART cable for the TV to switch to that input. When it isn't doing anything the signal is dropped and the TV switches back to whatever it was on before.

I had a VCR that worked exactly like this when connected via SCART.

Regards

Philip