1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart output from PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by PatrickB, Nov 21, 2003.

1. PatrickB

PatrickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am disappointed with the quality of DVDs played back on TV from my Dell laptop (1.8GHz, Mobile Radeon 7500 graphics), using its S-VHS output. My 32 ins TV has a RGB scart input so I wondered if using that would be better than the s-VHS. I have a docking station that will take PCI cards, so I could use the Sigma X-card, which has RGB output. How does the X-card video quality compare to a stand alone DVD player? Presumably its much better than an external VGA to RGB scan converter, like the Grandtec GXP2000.
    Patrick

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think PC DVD playback ever looks good on a "regular" TV, irrespective of connection etc..

The X-card's RGB output is probably the best option available but given the low cost of standalone DVD players now, I'd say that is the best option.

:smoke:

3. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
  4. Ivan8192

Ivan8192
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Patrick,

If your Radeon chipset supports interlaced + composite sync output from the VGA port (set up via Powerstrip), you can make a lead to directly connect the VGA port to your SCART socket:

http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/index.html

Regards.
    Ivan.