Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RGB Scart output from PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by PatrickB, Nov 21, 2003.

1. PatrickB

PatrickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am disappointed with the quality of DVDs played back on TV from my Dell laptop (1.8GHz, Mobile Radeon 7500 graphics), using its S-VHS output. My 32 ins TV has a RGB scart input so I wondered if using that would be better than the s-VHS. I have a docking station that will take PCI cards, so I could use the Sigma X-card, which has RGB output. How does the X-card video quality compare to a stand alone DVD player? Presumably its much better than an external VGA to RGB scan converter, like the Grandtec GXP2000.
    Patrick

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think PC DVD playback ever looks good on a "regular" TV, irrespective of connection etc..

The X-card's RGB output is probably the best option available but given the low cost of standalone DVD players now, I'd say that is the best option.

:smoke:

3. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
  4. Ivan8192

Ivan8192
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Patrick,

If your Radeon chipset supports interlaced + composite sync output from the VGA port (set up via Powerstrip), you can make a lead to directly connect the VGA port to your SCART socket:

http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/index.html

Regards.
    Ivan.