1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart Leads

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HatterNick, Mar 8, 2002.

1. HatterNick

HatterNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is it worth me paying £35 for a Scart to Scart cable? Would a £9 cable do just as good a job? Will I notice much difference in picture quality on my soon to be delivered Toshiba 210 if I splash out on an expensive cable?

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Give the good people on this forum some help, what will you be watching it on? A 14" portable or something a little bigger?

BTW...Welcome ;)

Si

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your TV is a Toshiba check first to see if you can connect via component, this is regarded better than RGB. If you can't connect via component, then a good quality scart like the QED AV21 will be more than up to the job.
    Yes a difference in picture quality can be noticed between a cheap and cheerful scart and one of much better quality.
    Cheap scarts can be very poorly sheilded causing allsorts of picture interference.

4. HatterNick

HatterNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry...I have a Sanyo 28" Widescreen TV. Not the greatest TV int the world, but the picture quality is pretty good for the price.

5. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Bobs answered your question, why compromise? Up your budget a little and get something decent, as I have a JVC set seemed to make sense (at the time) to go with JVC scart VX-J126 with gold plated connectors and the picture from my 210 is excellent, all the best with your choice :)

Si

6. HatterNick

HatterNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks to both of you, I will invest in something decent. I am more concerned with getting the best possible picture as i don't have proper surround sound. Saw those JVC cables in Dixons, maybe I will go for them:)

7. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    yeh, and that's what I did (and said in previous posts) , but someone posted a reply and told me he thought that they were just as bad as the cheap ones !!!!

There sems to be many praises for the QED range of scarts, may be best to get of those.

8. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED 4110..the best value at www.empiredirect.co.uk
    38 pounds delivered,
    this really made all the difference to me,it only carries picture,there is another one though!

9. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I've got a couple of SCARTS that I bought in B&Q. They are made by Maxview and have the following spec.

Fully wired
    Wires individually insulated
    Cable insulated
    Gold connectors and pins
    0.8m long

£3.98 each

Now thats what I call a cheap SCART but before you all laugh I have to say that my DVD and NTL Digital picture is excellent.

David

10. HatterNick

HatterNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that David, I will certainly check those out! My main concern is that the picture on my new Tosh SD 210E will be better than that of my Playstation 2 ( RGB enabled through RegionX)! Thanks to everyone who replied.

11. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I recently upgraded from a cheap scart to a £20.00 IXOS SCART the 162 model methinks. £20.00 is still cheap for a SCART but the picture quality improved, particularly flesh tones and background clarity.

definitely a worthy upgrade. I have a tosh 28" widescreen and use RGB connection.