RGB Scart Lead on Samsung LE40A557

Wilco69

Standard Member
I've just bought a fully connected RGB scart cable to connect my Sky+ box up to my Samsung LE40A557, replacing my old cheap scart cable. When I connect it to EXT1 my TV says there is no source and shows a black screen, but when I goes back to my old scart lead it works fine. I have my Sky+ box set to RGB and Scart control, are there any settings on the TV I need to change?

Thanks

ows90

You shouldn't need to change any settings on the TV. Have you made sure the lead is connected to the socket marked "TV" on the Sky+ box?

Wilco69

Standard Member
You shouldn't need to change any settings on the TV. Have you made sure the lead is connected to the socket marked "TV" on the Sky+ box?

Yep, the bottom socket on the Sky+ box, maybe the lead is duff. I'll try to get someone else to test it for me.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
You can either buy a Fully wired Scart cable (This is what you want) or a RGB Scart cable which only has the video path (no audio) (You do not want one of these) and is often directional, so try swapping it round.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom