• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RGB SCART lead for 360 slim?

AMc

Distinguished Member
I've just got an Xbox360 250GB slim for now I'm connecting it to an old CRT TV using SCART.

I ordered a Madcatz RGB SCART cable with optical cable from a Play trader but having tried to connect it up the xbox end is too fat to fit in the back of the xbox.

There is a part of the rear casing that seems custom made to prevent you connecting anything fatter than the composite lead that came with the console.

Can anyone recommend an RGB lead that will fit in the back of a 250GB slim?

Many thanks!

AMc

Distinguished Member
FWIW I took a couple of photos of the xbox 360 slim end of the cable to show to the supplier.

Tried Game, Gamestation, HMV and the fella on the market and got the same baffled looks about wanting a SCART lead :D Seems everyone else has gone HD but me.

[Edit]
I've picked up a Logic3 RGB SCART cable from Maplin (£16.49) which is much slimmer and fits
It has a switch to go between the octopus of s-video with analogue audio or the SCART connection.
That baffled me when the TV didn't see anything on the SCART socket until I flicked it over - now the TV auto selects and the picture is MUCH much better.
[/edit]

(only really posting for the searchers & googlers now I know :) )

Attachments

• madcartz and microsoft connectors.jpg
    madcartz and microsoft connectors.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 1,058
  • madcatz lead.jpg
    madcatz lead.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom