1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB SCART into Sanyo Z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mince bigalow, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I'm buying a Sanyo Z2 off another forum member and am getting ready to connect it all up so I can play straight away.

My question is how do I connect up an RGB SCART connection to it? I think the DVI-I port can take the signal, but what cable would be the best to use? The other problem is that I want to connect my HTPC to it via VGA (maybe DVI in the future, I have a DVI->VGA adapter I can use for now). So I would have to somehow switch the port between VGA and RGB physically. I don't really want to have to use my RGB to SVideo convertor if I don't have to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

PS. Is the difference @ 720p between VGA and DVI worth investing in a new cable?

thanks

2. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    i have all my rgb stuff going into a scart switcher then the scart goes from that into a scart to component (little black box of tricks) then component cables in the back of the z2, which ive been reliably informed gives an rgb piccy (sure looks like it from where im viewing) its made by CYP.

http://www.cypress.com.tw/product.php?PId=2264&CId=007&CName=Video Processors&SR=0

paid approx 80 quid for it

regards
    jason

3. Ciaran500

Ciaran500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    erk, rather makes my box of tricks pricey :)

yep thats me from ntsc-uk :)