1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB SCart Help

Discussion in 'TVs' started by boabw, May 9, 2002.

1. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Sony KV28WS2U Widescreen TV which has 2 Scart sockets at the back, I believe AV1 is RGB capable as it appears when I scan through my AV channels.

I now have the Pioneer 545 DVD PLayer which has an RGB capable Scart. When I connect this to AV1 on my TB viw scart connection I get picture and sound on the AV1 channel but only sound on the RGB channel. The DVD player is set to output RGB.

Do I need some kind of special scart lead for RGB to go through Scart or am I missing something here.

Also if anyone has the manual for the above TV I ownder If I may ask for a copy to be emailed to me, if anyone could oblige I would be grateful if you contacted me through these forums.

Thanks

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    You need a fully configured (all pins connected) SCART lead.

I used to have a similar model in 32", don't hav ethe manual anymore, but might be able to help with any questions you might have.

I know on mine you could set channel numbers to the AV inputs which I found useful, saves you toggling through them.