1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart for PS2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Davej50, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a bit of a problem - I have both my PS2 and Sky+ running through a JS 'Master Commander' scart controller into a JS RGB -> VGA Converter then to a PW7 plasma.

The problem is that the screen tends to flash green and sometimes even goes blank when using the PS2. This doesn't happen on Sky+.

I've changed the Master Commander, and problem is still there. I've changed the RGB lead from the PS2 and again, the problem is still there. I also tried another make of RGB cable (got it from Maplins, can't remember the name of it) and that didn't work at all through the scart controller!

What I need to know is, is there an official Sony RGB cable available? If so, where? I've looked all over the place and can't find one. Failing that, does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Any help appreciated!
    Dave.

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    I may be wrong so dont quote me.

I dont think you can watch DVDs through RGB on the PS2, i have a switch on my scart lead(game one) that allows me to watch DVDs but its not RGB signal like when im playing games.

I am of course assuming it only happens during DVD playback, if not, im not the right person to talk to as im far from technically minded.

3. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't watch DVDs through the PS2, I have a separate DVD player for that running on a component connection, so I only play games on the PS2.