1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart double adapter ???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Sessen Ryu, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I have three scart inputs on the rear of my TV, and only one of these is RGB. Both my DVD player and XBox use RGB.....

....the last thing I want to be doing is swapping over scarts in the back of the TV on a reguarlar basis...

A local hi-fi shop has advised me that I'll lose picture quality from using the normal scart extention blocks you see around... so, does anyone know of a RGB specific scart double adapter?

Or maybe another way around this problem ?

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Argos (& others) sell RGB switches, 2 inputs to 1 output.
    I forget the make & can't check as I'm currently in a hotel in Boston, Massa2****ts.
    A search in here should find previous threads with recommended ones.

Chris Muriel, Woburn, Mass. (usually Manchester UK)

3. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I'm running a £70 RGB only SQART lead from a Denon 2800 DVD player.... - i'm a little aprehensive about losing picture quality by sticking a £4:95 scart splitter from argos in the way.

Anyone know of a good RGB scart splitter on the market which won't have a diverse effect on the signal??

Or will the offering from Argos do the job????

:confused:

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    im using a £10 pound btech one i bought from fairs cameras at the minute an i have to say i have noticed no difference at all.keep in mind i am using it for a ps2 an a gamecube though as my tv has 2 rgb`s(you never can have to many lol) anyway id say give it a whirl.make sure its fully wired for rgb though an the cable does not come connected to the spliter box that way you can connect any price scart you want.if you would like to spend more i believe there is a 80 quid one from www.keene.co.uk happy hunting ;)