RGB scart connection?

Dav D

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I got an xbox 360 today and i'd appreciate some advice on the optimum setup.

My tv is a 32 inch sony widescreen CRT. Currently my DVD recorder and Sky box are connected via my Tv's single RGB input and i have plugged my Xbox into the tv's non-rgb input via the "component HD AV cable" that came with the xbox.

Would it befit me to get an RGB switcher so i can connect my xbox & sky/dvd via RGB or is my current non-rgb setup ok?

Hi guys! I got an xbox 360 today and i'd appreciate some advice on the optimum setup.

My tv is a 32 inch sony widescreen CRT. Currently my DVD recorder and Sky box are connected via my Tv's single RGB input and i have plugged my Xbox into the tv's non-rgb input via the "component HD AV cable" that came with the xbox.

Would it befit me to get an RGB switcher so i can connect my xbox & sky/dvd via RGB or is my current non-rgb setup ok?

Yes it makes the world of difference small text is much clearer for a start... it's what I've done untill I've got the summer holiday out of the way and can save up to go all high def.

You'll need a RGB 360 scart lead though as well the one in the box (a converter) doesn't carry a RGB scart signal. I got the offical one but that is about £20.:smashin:

I agree with Ico. Getting a good RGB SCART lead is the best thing you can do if you've got a non-HD tv. Don't bother with the composite (yellow) cable and SCART adaptor that came in the box. It's the worst connection available for the 360. Before I went HD, I had a Sony CRT. The RGB cable made it look great, not HD-great, but still great.
Oh and don't forget to use the RGB-enabled socket on your TV.

I echo these post too. RGB is so much better. The cable is £17.99 in most places.

Dav D I'd stick with the component, should get a lot nicer picture! Just make sure you're using a decent cable like a monster cable or something otherwise it'd be pointless... likewise if you decide to go down the scart route

Dav D I'd stick with the component, should get a lot nicer picture! Just make sure you're using a decent cable like a monster cable or something otherwise it'd be pointless... likewise if you decide to go down the scart route

He has a CRT and is using the composite connections on the Component cable so sticking with that cable is the worst thing he can do.

I also have a Sony CRT 28" widescreen telly Vega Trinitron with my 260 (Until I get my HiDef LCD this weekend :thumbsup: ). I never even bothered with the component connection, went straight to the advanced MS RGB Scart lead on advice from this forum, it gives you lovely pictures and colours so go get one now. Or you can look at the monster cables ones as I've seen they get very good ratings:

http://www.monstercable.com/UK/productShowResultsAdvUK.asp

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom