1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by The_kUrGaN, Jan 18, 2005.

1. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have a Sony TV with an RGB enabled Scart socket. I've just bought a Pioneer DV575 and also an RGB Scart lead. The problem is that the DVD just shows a continually scrolling flickering picture when I connect this way using the new RGB lead. I'm probably missing a very big point somewhere but I can get the SKY+ to work using the RBG Scart. I've changed the Video output in the DVD player settings to RGB, but I'm baffled (doesn't take much). Can anyone please help? :lease:

2. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Is it possible that you have a faulty scart? Take it back and try another one. It is worth purchasing a decent quality one as some of them are either not fully wired, or use poor components.

3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889
    My Sony TV has an RGB Scart but it can accept (i.e. be selected) to accept either RGB or composite (not component). I set it up in the AV menu for the Scart as a permanent feature. But it can be "temporarily" switched using the TV signal input button which cycles through every conceivable input on the TV (3 scarts, S-VHS, Front AV). Just because a Scart is RGB capable doesn't mean it is set to RGB. Look at your TV manual and see how to set RGB mode if the Scart can accept more than RGB.