1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NapoleonGuitarSolo, Jul 14, 2001.

1. NapoleonGuitarSolo

NapoleonGuitarSolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I, like many others, have the problem of only one RGB compatible scart on my TV. I had been considering a switch box but was wondering about the component inputs on a/v amps such as the Denons & Yamaha's.

I know that component and RGB video signals are not the same and not compatible but if these inputs on the amps are transparent then surely you can just pass the red, green and blue signals through the component loops?

Is this possible?

NGS

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The component video section of most amps will just pass through the video signal without affecting it in anyway. This allows you to switch more or less any analogue video thorugh it.

For RGB you will need to utilise the composite video section of the amp also to use as a sync for the RGB signal. And on the monitor/TV end you will need an RGBS (phono) to SCART lead.

Hope this helps!