1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB problems!!!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by teddstarr, Mar 26, 2002.

1. teddstarr

teddstarr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all,
    just a quick question about RGB!!!

I have a Sony digibox and an aging Hitachi C28D2TN TV.Using the appropriate scart leads and sockets on the TV and digibox i can see a clear improvment in picture clarity and definition when enabling RGB in the digibox set up menu,however when i try switching the TV back to terrestrial(whilst the digibox is still on-feeding other TVs around the house)the picture is completly unwatchable(bad sky picture and terrestrial sound).This problem also works in reverse with the other TVs when they are tuned to terrestrial and the main TV is set to watch sky.Iam sure it is not the digibox(as my other amstrad box gave the same results)but think the problem lies elsewhere.

please help!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

teddstarr

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is set up like this.

DVD AV1 > TV AV1 (RGB)
    DIGIBOX AV1 > DVD AV2 (RGB LOOP)
    VIDEO AV1 > TV AV2
    Have other equipment connected, will keep it simple.

Have no RF connection to digibox > video, terrestrial feed goes straight into video RF/in and RF/out on video goes to TV.

Use the 2xRF for distribution to other rooms.

Went into insallation menu and selected a different channel for RF so it wasn't interfering with other channels. ( think this is pre set to 60/68, if you have terrestrial channels near this frequency you will more than likely get interference on the TVs you are feeding with this signal )

This works fine for me no interference at all.

Try it, if you still have problems come back.

3. teddstarr

teddstarr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    Thanks for the advice Bob,the RGB loop works fine(switching between DVD and SKY is good).Unfortunatly all is not well though!!!

In your wiring diagram you said about the RF conection into your video.This is not possible as i dont own a video,and secondly
    i have to have an RF into the DIGIBOX to enable my SKYLINK system(otherwise i am unable to remotly operate the DIGIBOX from the bedroom/kitchen using sky remotes)

It seems to me that there is a problem with the internal switching in the TV.
    EXAMPLE: SKY DIGIBOX is turned on(in RGB mode) and i am watching with no problems.however if,for instance, i want to turn the TV to BBC1 breifly(perhaps to see TELETEXT footy scores)i am unble to do so as it seems the RGB signal overides the RF signal(the picture i get wheni press BBC1 on my TV remote is a combination of terrestrial sound and scrammbled SKY picture!!)

This problem is now isolated to the main TV,as the kitchen/beddroom TVs can switch between terrestrial and SKY without any problems??? which is why i am led to beleive the fault lies wiyh the main TV.

I will give a list of my equipment and connections to see if i am making an elementry mistake somewhere;

SONY DVPNS900(DVD)
    SONY VTXS760u(DIGIBOX)
    SONY STRDB1070(AMP)
    HITACHI C28VD2TN(TV)
    MISSION M73 surround pakage (with sub)
    QED SILVER ANIVERSARY(speaker cable)

DIGIBOX to DVD (scart RGB loop)
    DVD to TV (scart into AV1)
    RF to DIGIBOX
    DIGIBOX RF1 OUT to TV RF INPUT
    DIGIBOX RF2 OUT to SIGNAL SPLITTER(feeding other TVs)

Hope someone can pin point the problem,either with my system setup or my TV.:confused: :confused: :D

Thanks in advance
    TEDDSTARR:D

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All connections look fine, when turning the TV over to BBC1 when watching Sky, try pressing the TV button on the Sky remote as this disengages the RGB and revertes it back to composite, then press 1 on the sky remote, you shouldn't have problems doing it that way. If problem persists come back and i'll have another look.

cheers bob

5. paulryan

paulryan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i have a similar problem although with a slight twist.

I have a the Sony digibox and a Sony DVD-NS700 DVD.

I recently purchased a TV Callerid unit that uses a scart breakout cable totap into the composite video, overlay and re-send to TV.

I have noticed however that using the cable supplied all works fine when using it conenct to my DVD if however i use the digibox
    i get an unwatachable washed out picture.

I am beginning to wonder if there is something not quite right about the RGB feed from the digibox.

6. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is indeed to press the TV button on your Sky remote, which you need to do to get analogue text anyway.

Then press the Sky button to get back to the RGB pictures.

Mind you, the new BBCi text service on satellite is getting much better and quicker and you can still see the picture...