1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB problems...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Litost, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Litost

Litost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am the owner of a hitachi dvw1 dvd player and a sony 32fq75. Connecting them through scart on av1 will give me a shaking picture as if the screen toggles between rgbg and composite. THe strange thing is that in any other combination (dvd in another tv or tv with another dvd) the rgb picture is perfect. I tried snipping pin 19 in the scart for possible interference but the problem remains. So I am stuck in the s-video connection which looks a bit down from the rgb one. If you have any idea which machine is to blame, I would appreciate it.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Is this region1 or 2 material or both. I seem to recall an issue with ceratin Sony sets not being enabled for 525/60 through the service menu for RGB???

Otherwise I'd say dodgy socket on the TV and get an engineer.

3. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a Pioneer 636d and through rgb scart the screen is clipped on the left-hand side.
    My tosh TV has horizontal picture shift but it only moves it 30% of the way across. Is this my TV or can I expect this from all 4/3 ratio tv's.

4. Litost

Litost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried region 1 discs but it does that to all region 2 material. The strange thing is that I have put a sony playstation and a sony dvp-725 and they both work fine in RGB mode.Could it be a matter of working only with sony machines?

5. DaBuzz

DaBuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I would blame it on the DVD Player and the TV. Maybe it just happens to be your combination doesent work through RGB. I know its expensive, but try borrowing a RGB only QED Scart lead. The lead will carry no sound and no picture for composite, this way the TV will only be able to run an RGB picture or no picture at all!

Borrow one, dont buy one as if it doesent work, i dont want to be blamed [​IMG]

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Weird one. I agree the easiest thing to do is get a new dvd player that works with the TV.