RGB Problems on SkyDigital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gok, Jun 22, 2001.

1. gok

gok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the RGB setting on SkyDigital as it gives a far superior picture colour and sharpness than the regular setting. I use a good Scart for this but, on small items on the screen in RED there is a clear blockiness to it. this does not affect the on-screen graphics but just those red areas on the actual TV show/film instead.

When i switch back to normal scart setting this problem is gone.

any ideas what the problem is?

2. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found that if I used RGB from my SkyBox into a Toshiba TV, then the colours were just too powerful, especially the red. As you have no colour control with RGB you couldn't get rid of it. It was the same playing DVDs, so now I have to go standard scart from Sky and SVHS from my Toshiba DVD

3. GarryF

GarryF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Red blockiness could be the Chroma bug, mostly seen with DVD and certain players but I think you can see it on sky too. Do a search on "chroma".

4. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have a Panasonic 32PF10 32" W/S telly, a Pace digibox & a Pioneer 737 DVD player all set to RGB & going through a scart control switcher ( as my telly only has 1 RGB capable scart out of 3 scarts) & I experience no problems whatsoever.
    Cheers, Neil
    :p :p :p :D