1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PaulJ, Mar 10, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Wondered if anyone could be of assistance.

I have a 9527 with ntl cable. I have had this set to rgb before, but i switched cable off at mains for 5 mins on saturday, when i switched it back on, the cable box was set to RGB, but the tv when you press 'info' shows CVBS.

From what I remember when I changed it from composite before, I didnt have to change anything in the tv menu.

Does anyone know if this is the case, or what may have happened.

Thanks in advance.

Paul:confused:

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Sounds like you need to find the relevant menu on your NTL box that sets up the output of the NTL-box to be RGB.
    This assumes that yiu haven't switched SCART sockets on either the NTL or the TV (not all sockets will be RGB-capable).
    A search of the "Digital TV , Satellite and Cable" forum may suggest relevant keypresses or whatever to find this menu.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Chris, im using all the same scarts as before and everything is set to rgb.

An engineer came to look at my black bar problem, he was to remove pin no. 19 from scart lead to see if that removed bars. I wasnt in when he came and mrs. j. didnt have a clue what he was doing.

I checked the scart afterwards and all the pins seem to be there?

I'm not sure if ive lost the rgb since then or since I switched off cable at the mains.

I'll do a search under the other forum.

Thanks again.

Paul