RGB problem with Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ionex, Sep 30, 2005.

1. ionex

ionex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I’ve had my HS for over 2 years now, working without a problem, then yesterday I had something on Timer-Rec and it recorded about 5 minutes, then there were thin blue bars across the screen, then 20 minute later the screen went blank. The Audio can still be heard.
    My Sky box is fine, the cables are fine, it is definitely the HS2.
    I had to change the input on the HS2 to "Video" now. Not very nice picture quality!.
    Does anyone know if its a major fix. I don't particularly want to take back for repairs (funds are very low).
    I am comfortable with opening it up myself (I used to Mod DVD players for Multi-Region playback for a Home Cinema shop).

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It could be you have touched the tv button on the sky remote, whilst the recording was in progress, this will cause the picture output by the digibox to revert to video from rgb. It is very easy to do this by mistake, or by simply using the sky remote to change analogue channels on the tv whilst the recording is in process