1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb problem on sony set?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cuthbertson74, Nov 7, 2002.

1. cuthbertson74

cuthbertson74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have a 3.5 yr old Sony KV28FX60 (?) set, which can't quite get Telewest on screen info quite as clear as it might be.

With RGB I'm getting a slight shadow on text - not much, in fact (for anyone else with TW) the most noticable shadow is that of the yellow box around programme names on the now/next banner.

If I switch it to composite, the shadow goes, but the text isn't quite as sharp, and the yellow box outline goes slightly fuzzy.

Neither is a huge deal, just a bit annoying. I was swapping cables around last night, and by accident (loose scart connection)the picture went a nice shade of green - hopeless in every way, except that the, albeit green, now/next banner was noticably clearer and sharper in both the above respects. So I know it should be that bit sharper.

Does this sound like an easy thing to fix? (incidentally this is with a decent QED scart, into the RGB scart on the tv, and the settings should be OK eg *Sharpness* turned right down (a misnamed setting if ever there was one!)

Any comments welcome....

Cheers,
    Iain