1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb picture so dark

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by -Jay-, Jul 26, 2002.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i have a jvc 29" tv it has 2 scart inputs 1/rgb i have connected my pace sky digital box with a philex thor av cable into the rgb port and turned rgb on in the digi box but the picture is dark i have played with brightness and still no joy please help

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you haven't posted the model number, but it's probably a "feature" of the TV.

You'll find lots of reports of dark RGB on these forums regarding lots of TVs, including JVC. Most likely this is due to too low a default being set for the peak white limiter within the set.

Suggest you use S-Video instead for your Pace box.

You may find you get a nicer (brighter) picture with other equipment however.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    My guess is it is a TV setup issue. My JVC TV had the same issue; a few minutes tweaking in the Service menu has RGB with much the same brightness & contrast as other sources. Access to the service menu varies from chassis to chassis however.

4. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nigel

I've noticed that the RGB picture on my JVC AV32WFT1 is a touch dark. I have wondered whether I could rectify this through the service menu (I've used this previously to sort out a few geometry niggles) but have no idea which setting it is I need to adjust. Any ideas?

Cheers

Duncan