rgb picture so dark

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by -Jay-, Jul 26, 2002.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i have a jvc 29" tv it has 2 scart inputs 1/rgb i have connected my pace sky digital box with a philex thor av cable into the rgb port and turned rgb on in the digi box but the picture is dark i have played with brightness and still no joy please help

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you haven't posted the model number, but it's probably a "feature" of the TV.

You'll find lots of reports of dark RGB on these forums regarding lots of TVs, including JVC. Most likely this is due to too low a default being set for the peak white limiter within the set.

Suggest you use S-Video instead for your Pace box.

You may find you get a nicer (brighter) picture with other equipment however.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,766
    My guess is it is a TV setup issue. My JVC TV had the same issue; a few minutes tweaking in the Service menu has RGB with much the same brightness & contrast as other sources. Access to the service menu varies from chassis to chassis however.

4. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nigel

I've noticed that the RGB picture on my JVC AV32WFT1 is a touch dark. I have wondered whether I could rectify this through the service menu (I've used this previously to sort out a few geometry niggles) but have no idea which setting it is I need to adjust. Any ideas?

Cheers

Duncan