1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB/PC with component leads

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Malone, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Having owned a VW11HT for a couple of years now I have decided to hopefully improve the DVD playback by getting some silverlink component leads and running them from a SD210e(soon to be a Denon 2910 or a DMRE65) to the PJ. On the side of the PJ there are two banks of 5 coloured phono's. One bank I believe is for a PC and the other for RGB. Can I use 3 of the 5 inputs on the RGB set of 5 for my 3 component leads. What resolution will that give me?

Thanks

2. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Anyone :thumbsup:

Matt

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    In lieu of anyone more knowledgeble ;) ...

I don't know that projector but it's unusual for different resolutions to be available using different inputs.

Looking at a photo of the inputs you mention I see the RGB coloured ones are labelled YPbPr (among others) which is the designation for Component signals I have on my projector so my guess is you're right. I believe the other two are used with RGB signals to carry separate syncs.

Whether the projector can auto-sense or whether you need to configure it via a menu you'd know better than I. :)

4. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Cheers m8y I read on these forums something that made me think that it had to be an RGB connection, dont know why but I may have misread it. So i thought i'd get some feedback regarding the inputs.

I've had svideo up to now so am hoping component is worth the effort (ie drilling more holes in the wall to feed wires etc)

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Do bear in mind I'm guessing from what I've seen in the picture in this review and what it says about component inputs.

The increased PQ of component over S-Video will be well worth the effort, I assure you. :D