1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB pass through question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ian182, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    All,

My TV only has 1 RGB enabled SCART, so I'm currently using my Pioneer 565 DVD player as a pass through to get RGB on SKY.
    I'm thinking, though, of getting rid of the 565 and replacing it with a DVD player with only 1 SCART.

1 - If I go the other way, and pass the DVD player through SKY+, will I lose any picture quality ?

2 - Also, if I do it this way, do you need decent quality SCART leads at both ends ?

The other option is one of those RGB SCART expansion unit things which I'd consider if the answer to question 1 is "Yes" !

Thanks guys.......

Ian.

2. Gerard Fernand

Gerard Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I wouldn't think it would make a marked, if any, difference. Why not try it with your existing DVD before you replace it.

In your new configuration, in order to see the DVD picture, you would have to set the SKY box to standby. Therefore if you are distributing the SKY to other rooms this would have a knock on effect. i.e you couldn't watch DVD in one room and SKY in another.