Rgb/pal For Sky

M

morrisseyc

Hello All. I have just bought a JVC -AV28X4S widescreen TV and have set it up without any issues. I noticed that my Sky Scart setting was at PAL so I changed to RGB and the picture quality improved noticeibly (sp).

My problem is that I only want to use my Sky remote control and not the JVC one. Every time I press the TV button on the Sky remote the quality changes back to PAL which isn't as good. It's very annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris.

you need to get the code for JVC. click on services and choose sky customer service, then go into the Technical and choose "set my sky remote to my tv" then choose jvc and find the model number of your tv JVC -AV28X4S and then type that code in to your remote to enable tv control!

jammy

edit, just reread your post. yeh he's rite. you gotta save the changes to make it stay RGB!

sorry!

I think that once you have selected RGB you need to scroll down to the bottom and press select to make the finalise any changes.

maybe i'm misreading this but i think its default behaviour... if i press the tv button on my sky or sky plus remote - the feed switches to pal... i dont think there's anyway around this... the sky remote uses this to access text on teresterial channels... (dodge spelling)...

mick

You are correct, it's a known "bug".

morrisseyc said:
My problem is that I only want to use my Sky remote control and not the JVC one. Every time I press the TV button on the Sky remote the quality changes back to PAL which isn't as good. It's very annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris.

If you press the Sky button it will switch back to RGB ;)
You should be able to adjust the volume of your TV in Sky mode (no need to press TV button)
micks_address said:
maybe i'm misreading this but i think its default behaviour... if i press the tv button on my sky or sky plus remote - the feed switches to pal... i dont think there's anyway around this... the sky remote uses this to access text on teresterial channels... (dodge spelling)...

mick
Some non teresterial channels (ie: Sci-Fi ,UK Gold ) still use this feature to access teletext ;)

I suppose the only reason I ever need to press the TV button is to turn the TV off. Is there any way that the power switch on the remote control could default to the TV? I never turn my Sky off and suspect that there a lot of people who don't either. At the moment the only way around the problem is to press the TV button but shield the signal so that it isn't picked up my the reciever and then press off. This will turn the TV off but will prevent the signal going back to PAL. It is a bit weird though.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom