RGB Output from Pioneer DVR 530-S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Richie Rich, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have hooked up a DVR 530 to a Panasonic Tx32LXD500 TV. Sky+ is connected to the DVR using Scart. Also, it is a scart connection from DVR output to the AV4 (RGB) TV input. I have switched on the RGB output option on the Pioneer DVR. The TV tells me that the RGB signal is only being received when accessing the DVR menus e.g. Disc Navigation etc.

With no RGB signal during normal transmissions, there is noticeable picture degradation, when watching Sky through the DVR, and hence when recording.

I therefore connected Sky to the DVR using S-Video cable and standard audio cables, and the picture is improved (still with DVR connected to TV using Scart)

However, rather than let it lie, does anyone know how to capture the RGB signal using Scart and improve picture quality?

I have tried all menu options on Sky, the DVR and the TV, but no success.

By the way, RGB is selected on the Sky+ box, so when watching Sky direct to the TV, the TV tells me that RGB signal is being received.

2. Hkan

Hkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read about this "problem" some where else, but cant remeber what the solution was, sorry. probely something simple as i cant remeber it :)

But you could try to push the + button on the recorder, to see if that helps. That is supposed to trigger the Loop-through on.
    Have also a look inte manual at page 106 (AV. Link) and the pass´through settings. Power Safe should also be turned off.

maybe you should use the DVD/TV mode button on the RC

3. 375 driver

375 driver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Also try pressing the TV/DVD button on the remote control see pages 22,23 & 32 (while the 530 is on).

4. JB38

JB38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just like to make a small point, I take it when you mention a scart from Sky+ to the DVD that you are always referring to Sky+'s AV1 scart socket, as its AV2 output is always composite video no matter what you set the box to, as the RGB selector only affects the AV1 output.

If you want to use RGB to feed both TV and DVD, then you will have to use the Sky boxes AV1 output via a splitter. (an electronic type if you want to be technically perfect!)

Something along the lines as this.

http://www.lektropacks.com/view_item.php?product=66&&category=17