1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb or Y/C ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tiberious, Apr 11, 2002.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Posted this on the TV forum - thought some here may have an answer ?

HELP !! ,RGB or Y/C ?
    Problem - I have a Philips IDTV which has 2 Scarts - the first is RGB and must be used for a VCR (I presume because the digital signal is sent as RGB ?), the second is Y/C and can be for a decoder/dvd etc.

Now, my Vcr has Y/C input/output , or composite, but is not RGB compatible - is there a converter of some sort I can get to convert RGB to y/c and back again , so I can record and playback a better signal than composite ?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED !!

is there a device that willconvert RGB to Y/C, and back the other way ??

thanks

2. Stupot43

Stupot43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hi Steve,

There are several devices that will convert RGB signals into y/c.
    The one that has been tested by a sister mag. of HCC can be found at:

www.rgbtosvideo.com

But other sites to try are:

www.keene.co.uk and www.lektropacks.co.uk

The first scart socket (AV1) on your tv should be used for your dvd which should be able to output a RGB signal. You could loop this signal through your vcr as most vcr`s have this facility - but personally I would connect my VCR to the AV2 socket on the TV. this should be to accept a y/c signal.

Hope this helps?

Stuart:D :D

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Stuart - I`ll be checking out those sites.

Unfortunately, if I want to record a digital channel, I HAVE to use SCART 1 - the digital signal is not transmitted on scart2 - so I can have RGB for my VCR (which wont accept it) , and S-VIDEO for my dvd player , which would prefer RGB !! - JUST CAN`T WIN !!!