RGB or VIDEO

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shaunthedude, Mar 15, 2002.

1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the pioneer 444 dvd player. When I watch a reg 1 disc on video mode I get white patches at the top of the screen. When I watch it in RGB mode the patches are gone but there is a faint line about 6 inches from the top of the tv running horozontaly across the screen, about half inch wide. Any ideas??? The line is transparent but makes the picture contained in it a bit fuzzy which is why i can see it. I have tried different scarts without success

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by video do you mean composite video or s-video?

RGB is the technically better option but not all equipment handles it as well as it should.

If you find s-video and RGB have picture faults, then it is most likely a tv problem. However, you could check the cables to make sure that they are connected correctly and swap the scart for a different one to see if the cable is causing the fault (lack of shielding possible).

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, i meant composite video. On trhis you get the white patches (only on reg 1 ) On RGB the white patches are gone but the line appears. I tried it on another tv and it has both the above faults too so it cant be the tv ?????? Ill have to try a more expensive scart i think:confused:

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or it could be the dvd player?

Having tried composite and RGB, have you tried hooking it up to the s-video scart and see how that goes?

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Either faulty cable or faulty player

RGB is best out of Composite, SVideo and RGB