• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

rgb or fully wired scart....

lone ranger

Established Member
could some1 clarify these 2 for me please...

i take it fully wired means all 21 pins are wired and the scart will accept any signal in,composite, svideo,rgb etc

and rgb 1 only works on a rgb scart input and output and will not carry any other signal except rgb which provide the highest quality scart can offer.

is this correct and does the rgb only scart carry sound aswell....

cheers all for your help.:thumbsup:

Teknowledgy

Established Member
Hi there,

There are a huge number of ways to achieve connection between devices, but if you provide a little more information in regard to what equipment exactly you are trying to connect together (make and model would be ideal), then I could maybe help you further and explain the best way to connect everything.

In regard to your question, - you could use either stereo phono outputs and/or digital coaxial out, - but the 2 different methods would provide you with 2 separate types of audio and it would also depend on what device you were connecting to as to which method would suit you best. Hence more information would be great.

Regards.
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom