RGB or Componant, Help Please.

B Caine

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Sony V2000 lcd tv and my dvd player is connected by scart in the rgb socket, my player has componant output, would I get a better picture with componant or rgb, I am a bit new to all this so please be easy with me on the answers. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

Yes, Component is marginally better than RGB, as component will give you better black levels, but it is hard to spot and few will ever see the difference.

You might want to check if your DVD player can output progressive video over component (RGB does not support progressive video). If your DVD player does support progressive output, the you would want to use component, and set the DVD player to progressive output.

I am wanting to do this to. I have a bit of a prob though cause i think i only have one component port on my tv and my xbox 360 goes to it, can i get a splitter of some kind so i can add my xbox and dvdr by component to my tv ? if not then i have to decide which ones more important to go to component dvdr or xbox360 ?

Thanks Mick

xbox plugged in cant beat it ! it plats dvd's too surely it isnt that bad ? only thing is the terrible racket it makes

im sure u could buy an av amp will improve your sound no end and lets you switch between many inputs

Yes, Component is marginally better than RGB, as component will give you better black levels, but it is hard to spot and few will ever see the difference.
Not true, Component video should make no difference to the black levels at all.

The reason for using Component is that it's one of few connection types that lets you turn on Progressive Scan video. If your DVD player has Component outputs it can probably send Progressive pictures which should decrease, or if you've got a good player, totally remove any jagged motion you see during films.

I am wanting to do this to. I have a bit of a prob though cause i think i only have one component port on my tv and my xbox 360 goes to it, can i get a splitter of some kind so i can add my xbox and dvdr by component to my tv ?
Here's what I use, great price as well given the exchange rate:
http://svideo.com/com3.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom