Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RGB only scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by zombie, Nov 21, 2004.

1. zombie

zombie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am new here and am getting a new plasma panel before christmas.

I am having my dvd and freeview daisy chained then conected to a JS Technology RGB to VGA and then into my panel.
    Is there a better quality of picture (noticeable?) by using QED RGB only scarts in this set up instead of the normal QED fully wired ones?

Cheers for any advice you can offer :thumbsup:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    It is an arguable point as some say that they can see a difference and some can't. My own opinion is that any good quality fully screened will be as good as the same cable with the audio pins removed.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,077
    Zombie

QED and others use different cable on the RGB only cables so yes they can and do make for less on-screen artefacts.

I tend to supply Supra over QED theses days as the Supra RGB only cables are slightly more pliable than QED and less likely to 'pop' out of poor SCART sockets.

I'd also suggest you look at the HD15 (VGA) cable your using between the Converter output and your Display - I supply the BetterCables Silver Serpent cables on sale or return if you want to try before you buy.

See http://www.bettercables.com/1met328feetv.html

Best regards

Joe

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just to say that many months ago I bought a Bettercables VGA lead from Joe for my own system. It really does make a difference, picture is sharper and cleaner via the Silver Serpent over other VGA leads I've tried, and they were pretty good themselves!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.