1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB on Sanyo WS

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Terry, May 16, 2002.

1. Terry

Terry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help. My new Sanyo ws has a problem with RGB. Playback from my Wharfedale 750s is to say the least dull. The colours seem true enough but the contrast is as my wife describes it 'grey'. If I use the composite scart, the picture is bright and vibrant but obviously when close up it is possible to see the difference in definition. I know it is not the DVD cause the picture was excellent on my old Sharp 28inch. I can make a minimal change to brightness when on RGB but not to the contrast. A further problem is that as I now have the DVD connected to the composite/s-video scart, my cable box which is s-video is connected to the composite/rgb scart so everything is now composite. Any ideas. Would there possibly be an engineers menu available on Sanyo tvs that would allow the changing of preset contrast settings. Any help would be appreciated

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the exact same problem with my JVC AV28R25 (do a search for a previous posting of mine). RGB was dull, lifeless and dark. I couldn't adjust anything on RGB input apart from picture tint and brightness - playing with these just made the picture grey, as you say.

In the case of the JVC, adjustments in the service menu were not permitted for RGB input either. So with the JVC, you were basically stuck with what you got - pointless because RGB was unwatchable. I therefore ran it off S-Video and the picture was great - but then I lost one scart! I therefore got a refund.

I know that Philips and Sony TVs let you adjust RGB contrast, colour, etc. If only the others would too!

I hope you manage to adjust your Sanyo contrast presets in the service menu .... :rolleyes:

3. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What model of Sanyo do you have? I have the exact same
    problem with my 28wn4-b, only seems to be on AV1

They say its a known problem and nothing can be done, although I would have thought they would have fixed it for later models

4. Terry

Terry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The model number is CE28WP4-B and I bought it at the end of March. The funny thing is that reviews of Sanyo WS in the video and tv web site match exactly what I see in front of me except for the RGB. I get the same problem mentioned in the review for s-video. In fact the review is my tv to a tee except for the dull RGB. Does anyone know if there is a service menu and if so how to get at it. I really feel like I have wasted a lot of money cause I cant even get the Dolby Surround. Its OK on terrestrial 1 to 5 but switch on to cable and its nothing much better than my old plain stereo tv. Feel like I should have looked for an old B/W tv