1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB on my Sony KV-21T1 is shifted to the right

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by fredl, Feb 19, 2002.

1. fredl

fredl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When using the RGB connection for my digibox and dvd the picture is shifted to the right so I can't see the full picture of the EPG etc. I need to use RGB since the set doesn't have SVHS and doesn't handle NTSC. I've had a look around in the service menu but I'm not sure what to look for.

Cheers!

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rgb picture shift is common and can often be fixed in the service menus. Don't know how to do it on a sony though.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    i've had a similar problem, and so has my brother, but i put it down to our Sony tv's being fairly old.

It does it with my Pioneer 535 DVD, if i too use RGB, only it shifts to the left. It also does it with my brother's brand new Marantz 6200.

To be honest (at least with our sets), i cant tell the difference over the S-Video connection anyway.

dean

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is the television which suffers the shift, not the unit.

5. fredl

fredl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found a setting which helped in the servicemenu. I had to choose a middleground since the setting affects both RGB/Composit and RF signals.

I spoke to Sony and they said that most often there is a RGB position setting in modern digiboxes and said that there wasn't anything I could do with the set. They're not to keen having customers poking around the servicemenus. :)

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no option in the digibox to adjust positioning so i don't know where they got that idea from.