RGB on JVC VCRs!?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by stanleyntl, Sep 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I bought a JVC HRS6700 recently and wasn't overly impressed with the colour - when recording in normal VHS mode - compared to my older HRS9500 which features digipure.
    On my Sony SuperTrinitron set, I can manually switch to the RGB input - I have it connected to the composite/RGB input.
    This improved the colour, noise levels and dimensionality to that experienced with my earlier digipure model.
    (Not far behind is when a 3 core scart to 3 rca cable is connected to the TV.)

The surprise being that the JVC deck outputs in RGB at all (not RGB beating composite), unless the Sony TV is manipulating the plain composite video somehow.
    I had tried this with the 9500, but with all the digital processing, there wasn't much improvement.

Now whether TVs which autodetect the signal would select the RGB over the composite is another story. On the setup screen for the JVC there is only a selection between video/svideo, no mention of RGB at all. The manual also makes no mention of RGB output.

Well worth trying for non-digipure JVC VCRs out there!

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The VCR is definitely not outputting RGB. What you are seeing must be either composite or S-Video.