1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB into PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by skinnes, Jan 13, 2005.

1. skinnes

skinnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

What's the simplest way to go RGB scart into a PW6?

I have a Freeview box with RGB scart output(Netgem iPlayer) and a Panny TH-42PWD6. Panasonic tell me that their RCA Component terminal board TY42TM6Z also accepts RGB. So I'm thinking that if I can find the lead to connect RGB scart to RGB on the plasma I keep the VGA socket free for the component output from the DVD.

But I know there are different forms of RGB and the guy may have got it wrong about the component board accepting RGB. Will the above work?

Also, would a JS RGB scart to VGA converter improve this setup?

Finally, everyone says the Panny scart board is slightly 'soft' but would I notice this with Freeview and is it true with RGB scart as opposed to composite scart? If that's so, maybe RGB into the component board would have the same weakness.

Lots of questions. Any thoughts much appreciated....

Simon :)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Netgem will output component or RGB via Scart (scart RGB is RGBS)
    Hes has it wrong from RGB point of veiw but netgem will output component so can be done (if you find boards in stock anywhere)
    RGB>VGA is supposed to better than netgem componet output!!!! (can buy extra VGA inputs very cheaply £60 ish) you will notice a big difference betweeen RGB and composite......

3. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're going to have to buy another board, could you justify buying a new AV amp instead that accomodates component switching and tie all your component inputs (Netgem and DVD) through it? This is how I "justified" upgrading my amp to a Denon 2805!!! (I'm sure we all do it to an extent!) Simon