1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rgb Input On Old Rptv-help!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Nick Beal, May 30, 2005.

1. Nick Beal

Nick Beal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to get the RGB Scart input on my old Pioneer SD-T5000 (Zebra modified version) Rear Projection TV to function properly in a second system.Bear in mind that this CRT RPTV dates back to the time when Laserdisc was king and DVD was a speck on the horizon! The problem is that
    when an RGB signal is inputted into the appropriate scart (AV1) there is a noticeable static vertical patterning and monochrome pictures take on a greenish hue.The picture looks otherwise stable.
    The manual states (regarding the AV1 Scart input) that 'This socket contains
    RGB video inputs,Seperate video (S-VIDEO) inputs,composite video inputs,tuner video and audio outputs'.Would this imply that the socket would more happily accept a video only RGB Scart input and that the attempt to feed it RGB Video plus audio is what is causing the picture degradation?
    Confusingly the menu settings for this input offer a choice of S-VHS or 'Normal'
    Or is it just broken?
    NB:S-VHS works fine!

2. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you get the same problem with the input switched to normal?

S-Video chroma is on pin 15 of the scart, this is the same pin as RGB red, if you are applying RGBS to a scart in s-video mode then you will get a strange looking picture.

Andy.

3. Nick Beal

Nick Beal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I am feeding in an RGB Signal it doesn't make any difference if the menu selection for the Scart input in question (AV1) is 'Normal' or 'S-VHS'.
    You would expect there to be an 'RGB' option particularly when the manual
    directs you to this input for RGB purposes.
    Do I assume that the RGB signal (possibly if Video only) should somehow
    override the other 2 settings? That looks like what it's trying to do.
    On the previous posting - when I said that S-VHS works fine I meant through either of the dedicated S-VHS 4 pin sockets (not the Scart).
    Would appreciate any further thoughts!