1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb from ntl box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by weaver63, Apr 19, 2004.

1. weaver63

weaver63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, can any one tell me if there has been a problem with the rgb output from the vcr out scart. purchased panny dvd recorder and set av2 input to rgb i get sound but no picture. set it to video get sound and picture.
    phoned ntl they say no problem with the box, but all connections in properly. they said it would cost £50 to send out an engineer if no fault.
    cant afford that so any help would be welcome.

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I think the NTL box (Pace di4000) has rgb from tv scart and composite from vcr scart. Some models have s-video instead of rgb.

The panny dvd should pass thru the scart, so try connecting NTL tv scart to Panny, then Panny to TV.

Works on my setup.

3. weaver63

weaver63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the qiuck reply steviedvd
    just one question will passing the signal through the panny to the tv work with the panny connected to the tv by component leads? or do i need another scart.
    if so will try this,
    thanks again.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You can probably watch NTL connected like that as long as the DVD is on, and set to 'AV2'. but there is a signal conversion going on, and it won't do it while the panny is switched off.

5. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I only know the pass thru with scarts. How are you connecting the Panny (which model) to the tv?

You can't just connect a rgb scart to component cable as those are only for a very small number of tv's like the Loewe (I've heard of them and bought the rgb scart- component lead myself).

Or do you mean composite (yellow, red & white phonos).
    Forum members here have been very helpful to me so I'll help where I can, others will probably jump in if you give more details and give you the best connections to use.