1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB/focus probs on PL1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by barnabybear, Apr 6, 2002.

1. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've just taken delivery of a Panasonic 28PL1. I've noticed that there are two problems -
    1 - When viewing menus on Sky - the info boxes are really distorted in shape - like the picture is being twisted horizontally - this results in the words being almost unreadable. I notice the edges in 4:3 arent straight, theres a bit of a curve at the top - maybe this is related.

2 - An RGB picture seems a bit "out of focus"

I'm wondering - has anyone else noticed this in such a model, and - well I'm calling the engineer out - can anyone confirm that these are things that an engineer can rectify

Thanks in advance.

2. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do a search for "Just got my Panny" you'll find a thread from a few weeks ago concerning your model (although it has PL4 in the title). It has a detailed list of the known faults.... The RGB complaints (including a 'focus' disparity) may be particularly relevant in your case.

I had some geometry issues with my PL1 also, but not quite as severe as you describe. I think you should check for all the other problems mentioned before the engineer comes though, as you might have other concerns besides the two you highlighted!.

As I've said a gazillion times already:- My time with a Panasonic PL1 was an unbelievably bitter experience, but hopefully yours just needs a bit of tweaking to put things right....