1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB experts needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Anjou, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Anjou

Anjou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I wonder if anyone has any ideas here....

I recently bought a Daytek P818 mutli-region player from Amazon (rebadged Daewoo) - it's a cheapo job for the bedroom. It has an s-video out and the Scart does composite, but it doesn't seem to do RGB output. I understand that some cheap players might not have RGB Scart, but the odd thing is that there is a picture if you switch the TV to RGB - but everything is red. This is the second player I've had from Amazon as I sent the first one back thinking it must be faulty and obviously I've tried other Scart leads and TVs.

Despite what the manual says, there is no way to select the video output type as it's permantently locked on 'Scart' but can anyone think of anything I can do to get a proper RGB picture? A special lead? Firmware update? I've never seen this kind of thing before. Annoyingly the little combi Sony TV/VCR we have in the bedroom doesn't have an s-video in or I'd use that.

All help gratefully recieved.

Chris.

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sainsbury's do a Mico with RGB scart output for £30, works well, MR out of the box or simple remote hack.