RGB electronic scart switcher ?

ted26

Established Member
Reaction score
i am going to be converting rgb scart x3 into vga and would like to know if theres a suitable electronic switch on the market to switch between each scart input!

i want it to switch the signal over when i turn each unit on !

thx for any replies

I recommend the Keene Scart Commander. Costs about £150, but much better than BT941 in my opinion.

Rob.

Rob, do you know if the Keene Scart Commander offers any benifits over the Holdan HSR?...

The HSR looks like a similar product to the BT941. Personally I like the Keene SC as it's tucked away down the back of the rack rather than taking up yet more space. I don't know much about the HSR so can't really comment.

Rob.

Hi,

I use a Freeview box, Xbox & Pioneer DVD all through the Keane Scart Commander. All running RGB and all connect to a Sony Wide screen TV.

No problems at all with the box. Its nicely hidden away and never gives me any trouble. Freeview is in the first slot, dvd next and xbox last. When watching TV and we want to watch a DVd we simply turn on the dvd and it flicks over to the DVD - same for the xbox. Once we finished watching the dvd we turn off the player and back to freeview. It works well for us.

I have a Holdan

The Keene scart commander is the daddy for those who want to route High quality progressive component Video from upto 4 devices to one Plasma/LCD/Monitor.

But for RGB its over kill

The Holdan and the BT941 dont need to be tucked away as they look like nice bits of AV kit the KSC is brilliant but basic and ugly looking, I am still getting one though but thats because I need to route multiple component devices

The Keene scart commander is the daddy for those who want to route High quality progressive component Video from upto 4 devices to one Plasma/LCD/Monitor.

But for RGB its over kill

The Holdan and the BT941 dont need to be tucked away as they look like nice bits of AV kit the KSC is brilliant but basic and ugly looking, I am still getting one though but thats because I need to route multiple component devices

Err, there are two boxes from lektropacks called trilogy 1 and 2.
One gives auto 3 selction and the other gives 4. (Only RGB mind you, although they probably do sound)
They are 60 and 100 pounds I think although I have not used them.
Just thought I'd mention it.
Azzo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom