1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB - DVI or RGB to VGA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dapex, Apr 7, 2004.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all,
    My best quality output is RGB from my XBOX and my DVD player, I want to get this into a Sanyo Z2 (when i get round to ordering one) The Z2 doesn't have a scart input so I will have to do something with the connection. I think my options are as follows

RGB - Component
    RGB - DVI
    RGB - VGA

I am also trying to do this on a budget so if going rgb-dvi can be donw with a lead then I would rather do that that pay over £100 for a convertor to convert to VGA or Component.

Can anyone advise on my best option for quality and if possible my best option for price?

Would their really be an PQ difference given that the source will be RGB no matter what????

Cheers

2. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi,
    A component cable for your xbox will do fine for that one.
    It will be about the same quality as RGB, It will work whether your xbox is UK or US version (you just won't be able to utilise the xbox Progressive scan/Hi def options if it's a UK machine).

I think you'll be able to get an xbox component cable for around £10.

I'm not really sure what to suggest if you're DVD player is just RGB Scart output.

3. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Am I right by saying that a UK Xbox can do Progressive Scan, if it's made special?

Am I allowed to ask this? Feel free to flame me and edit this if I'm not allowed to ask

4. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yes my UK xbox is modded, it has a program on it to switch video modes between PAL and NTSC - when set to NTSC to progressive scan options become available (as long as you have the component/hi def pack connected)