rgb distortion

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by TheGuyWhoWonThe, Dec 10, 2002.

1. TheGuyWhoWonThe

TheGuyWhoWonThe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having trouble with a fairly old 28' nicam hitachi tv,when I run my xbox through rgb theres noticable pixel distortion also on some games theres a rather large black bar on the right hand side of the screen.I have a very old 27" sony trinitron tv at a repair shop,should I sell the hitachi and repair the sony or is there a way to fix the problems above.

Much thanks.

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    hi the black bar on the right when useing rgb sounds like rgb shift if the tv is old i don`t know if it will have the option the move the picture to the right to centre the screen.

ps won what :confused: :D

3. TheGuyWhoWonThe

TheGuyWhoWonThe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it has the option for the shift,is it possible to do it internally also the distortion happens through s-video aswell.

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i don`t know if it can someone else mite tell ya.also what scart are you useing for the xbox.if you have sky are you useing rgb if so do you get this distorion.

5. TheGuyWhoWonThe

TheGuyWhoWonThe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the official microsoft scart lead,nah,I don't have sky.Could it just be that the tv isn't very good?,but then again even the crappy protech tv my parents used to have didn't have distortion.