1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB direct?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by apul, Jan 9, 2003.

1. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but im not sure where it should go.

thinking of getting the toshiba 32ZD26p, in most shops in newcastle its around £1150
    in http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ its only £893.99 which seems abit too good. is it one of those places where they never actually have any in stock? are they reliable?
    do u recommend somewhere else?
    or even a different tv?

also i understand that there is no progressive scan compatibility in PAL mode and does this actually matter. (i saw the old post about this TV but it was 75 pages long and theres no way im reading that, sorry people)
    whats the latest on this TV?
    much appriciated
    apul.

2. Gray

Gray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Apul

I can definately recommend the TV as I bought one just before Christmas and it is excellent. It seems that the problems people have been having with this model appear to have been sorted out as I have none of the probs noted in previous posts.

I got mine from Sound & Vision for £850 including VAT and delivery, but it appears that if you can get a John Lewis's store to do a price match you can get it for £850 with a free 5 year warrenty. (wish I had known that)

However, mine was delivered in about 4 days, and there are no problems with it so I can't really complain and hopefully I will not need the 5 year warrenty.

Hope you get sorted.

Gray