1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Daisychain

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chris.Humphreys, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Chris.Humphreys

Chris.Humphreys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hooked up my Panasonic sky box to the AV2 input on my Pioneer DV737 so that I could use it's RGB throughput into the AV socket of my TV. The Sky picture is miles better and auto switching is a breeze. I have one question. I am using an Ixos scart to feed in and a QED sqart to feed out. The QED does not transmit sound and is merely an RGB cable.
    Can the fact that the sound "can't get out" cause any damage and also does daisychaining cause any damage to tbe DVD player generally?

2. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not worry yourself.
    It is only if you run an amplifier with no speakers that you can sometimes have a problem.
    Regarding the output line output from your sky box and your DVD player through the SCART, the power is very small and the equipment is designed to work OK with the line out disconected with no problems.
    You have connected your equipment in the correct way to get the best out of it.
    There is no problem daisychaining regarding safety to your equipment. The equipment nearer to the TV may have slightly better quality, as it only goes through one cable.

:cool:

3. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the pioneer dv636-d connected in the same way.
    Seens stupid my panasonic 36pf10 only has one rgb socket :O(

4. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes riddler, no problem.
    Most TV´s only have one RGB socket.

5. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did get off my fat butt and find the info i required on the pioneer after typing the other message.
    And it does indeed work a treat

6. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that I look for in a DVD player is two SCARTS simply because of the problem of the single RGB input on most TV´s.