RGB conversion

Tony 21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Myself and another seem to have the same problem and have posted on the DVD recorder forum unfortunatly to no avail, and i have noticed that you guys here on the plasma forum talk quite a bit about converter boxes.
For a start i only have a 36" crt tv so please be nice, Problem is i would like to watch playback on my GX7 sony recorder in component, but when this is activated on the menu it disables any RGB signals from my Sky + box, are there any of the conversion tricks that some of you use that might work for my set up with a crt tv, component on all signals would be great.
I don`t mind changing the menus around, but it`s not too user friendly for the rest in the house.
Thanks

Tony,

I don't know the Sony GX7 well but I cannot immediately see any reason why converting the RGB output of your Sky+ box to component and feeding that signal through the Sony wouldn't work. See my sig for details of the JS Technology converter that I stock.

Ok thanks, would be handy, would like to hear if anyone else is using this method,might try posting on the Sky + forum as well.

Scart from sky + to dvd RGB swiched on, output is line 3 on dvd to tv RGB out swiched on. Problem is to activate component out on dvd it automaticaly disables the RGB output facility on the dvd,Component cable from dvd to Ext 4 on tv, and RGB output scart from dvd into Ext 1 on tv.

its normal not to have RGB scart and component out of DVDR at the same time you pick either RGBscart or component as long as Sky is going in in RGB you should be fine, unless the unit is not cable of rGB>YUV conversion........not up on Sony so cant say i am afriad...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom