• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RGB connectivity problem

R

rogster

Anybody out there savvy with RGB ?

I bought a Techwood Freeview box / hard drive recorder yesterday ( 160 gb twin tuner, cracking deal from Maplins at £99 ) and it seems to work fine except for one thing... It's connected to a Panasonic TV via the supplied scart cable, but the picture only stays stable if I set the box output to 'CVBS' format. The picture quality is far superior when set to 'RGB' output, however after a minute or so the colour washes out and the picture becomes tinted blue.
My TV scart socket does accept RGB signals, so could this be a fault on the recorder, or an incompatibilty issue with the TV?

I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks guys.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Could be a dodgy scart cable or it's not fully inserted either end, best to try the PVR on another TV to prove the point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom