1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Confusion

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bibble, Jun 2, 2005.

1. bibble

bibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure I'm not the first to ask, but a search didn't show up anything. Grateful for advice on the following conundrum

I've Got Pace V2 Sky+ which outputs RGB via the TV SCART, but not the Ext SCART
    I've Got a Panasonic 32"+ with RGB input on Ext 1, but not 2&4.
    I've just bought a Samsung DVD-R122 which allegedly has RGB In/Out on the TV SCART, but not on the Ext SCART.

When wired Sky-DVD-TV I get RGB DVD images but not RGB Sky - so the DVD does not appear to have RGB passthrough

Is there a way I can wire this up so I can get

1. Both Sky & DVD to appear in RGB on the TV,

and if also possible

2 while being able to archive from Sky+ to DVD-R in RGB without swapping cables.

Not sure if it's any use, but I also have a spare scart splitter - 3 sockets going to 1 scart plug. Nothing flash.

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I think you can pass the dvd through the Sky, and this should have an RGB passthrough for DVD, a composite ("pal") output to the dvd for archiving, and RGB output through the sky's RGB slot for sky and dvd. Also, if dvd has some kind of s-video input, you could use the s video out of sky+ to s video in on dvd for archiving (although i dont have sky + so dont know if this works)