1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB->Component Sharp 32GA3

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by richjthorpe, Apr 11, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

It's been said in reviews that the Sharps inputs range from complete crap to stonking (RF to DVI). I have a Digibox connected by RGB Scart and the Blacks are OK, but the DVD player (Marantz 4100) isn't as ok. I watched Blade 2 last night and the black detail wasn't there. There again, I am using the Digibox second Scart to connect the DVD player so this might be a problem. Anyway, this wont be a problem in a couple of months as I'll be getting a DVI DVD player.

I was wondering if the component input on the Sharps give better detail than RGB Scart and if connecting the Digibox from RGB scart to Component convertor would make a difference.

Any ideas ?

Richie.

PS, didn't see an inch of blurring though the whole of Blade 2, even with the complex, quick fight scenes.

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have my old Sony 725 connected via component and is a noticably much better picture than the SKY+ via RGB Scart.

3. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Richie

According to Sharpserv they say the component input is generally better than the RGB on a Sharp (following a service visit when I had trouble getting a decent RGB piccy on SKY). I now have actually got a reasonable SKY picture after plenty of tweaking the settings. But I have contemplated trying the Component converter route to se if it improves PQ.

With my Samsung comparing Prog scan component against RGB there is a noiceable difference (Component better). Will try component 576i to see if the gap narrows.
    :smashin:
    If you try it let me know how you get on. Decided on the new DVD yet ?

P.S (Blacks on sky vary enormously movies on Ch5 seem the best, ITV are atrocious with no detail and blocking)

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Micky,

I found that Ch5 movies were the worst for blacks and details. I think I'd better get the DVE disc out as I might have tweaked it too far away from good !

DVD player already decided (HD745) but the problem is the funds ! The wife is on Maternity leave until June and we're only on my wage at the moment. Still, she know that I was so close to buying the DVD player but decided that the money would have been better spent, that she's going to buy me a DVD player out of her first pay packet. Result ! Hope the Samsung HD850 is out by the summer.

Have you put your settings on the board ?

Richie.

5. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Richie

Not yet will post settings tonight (I used DVE to set for DVD component and DVI), trial and error for sky.

Mick