1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB CABLE

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stefinch, Apr 21, 2001.

1. stefinch

stefinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need to buy RGB scart to scart soon but my player needs a 5mtr lead to get to my seleco 320. Is there a great loss in picture quality between a 5 mtr cable and say a 1mtr cable of the same make and materials. If so I can get my player closer but don't want to if I can help it. Can spen around £200 on the cable if need be thanks Steve.MY HOMECINEMA SITE

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Try getting a custom made QEd Sqart lead made. They should cost under the £200 mark, but very close!

Picture is great with these scarts.

Rick

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    You should be able to get a decent 5m RGB scart for under £100 I'd hope!

Using decent material like QED's or Ixos and standard scart plugs you'll not likely notice any difference between a 1m lead and a 5metre lead.

Gordon

4. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest mate, i,ve tried bell wire with a couple of cheap scart ends and it,s absolutely mint, mint enough anyway for that cheap dvd player you have, :D

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    http://www.lektropacks.co.uk will do you a custom length scart. The quality will be as good as the QEDs and Ixos of this world (if not better) and you won't have to solder 21 connections at each end unless you want to (major pain in the ass)

The Home cinema range is as good as Ixos and QED and the Prolink is just crazy quality.

Home cinema range 5m scart is 25quid!
    Prolink 11m ( don't do under 11m but yuo could ask them) is 55quid
    They also have a silverscreen range which look very s****y (flat ribbon cable) but I've never used it myself. 5m is 50quid

Please don't spend 200quid on your cable you'll be ripped off. I also recommend you make sure that the scart connectors can be opened up to allow access to the pins for modification needs or just for periodic checks if you ever suspect a loose connection.