• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RGB cable v Composite on 26" LCD

• Thread starter Deleted member 380232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 380232

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on whether the RGB cable will give much of an improvement over the standard cables. It's a 26 " LCD.

...and before you suggest I use component I don't have component inputs.

Thanks

avolee

i got mine yesterday(wii and rgb) and it gives a good pic on my sammy, i have got component input, but bought the rgb so i could connect to other tellys, not tried composite so i dont know if its a big step up.:smashin:

MANGABOY

I got the RGB cable today for my Sammy 32", got a component on preorder. Have been using composite for the last couple weeks and to be honest I can't really notice hardly any difference. I think RGB looks slightly better playing Zelda but I cant be totally sure but in terms of the Wii Menu and Wii Sports composite by far looked much better. Theres so many jaggies with the RGB. Hopefully when I get my component cable it will give a picture quality difference which I can actually notice

davidcharles

tbh there will be more jaggies when you get component....its cleaning up the image and not blurring it.....at first you think oh dear..BUT the colours are better and the text clearer....if you go back to composite after a few days of component you notice how poor composite is....

its the same for rgb , just not quite so promenant...

p meister

Couldn't agree more,I just got my official RGB cable and although there are more jaggies, everything definately looks clearer.

F

Fatwaz

gotmy official rgb lead yesterday but i think its still in composite cos i can turn the colour up and down and that shouldnt happen if rgb should it?i cant when watching a dvd or playing another console through my rgb socket

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom